Wiki CPC-A searching for remote/nearby opportunity

celiguidi

New
Best answers
Good Afternoon! My name is Courtney and I just recently received my CPC-A this past April. While I have around 10 years of experience in various healthcare settings (mostly skilled nursing facilities), I am brand new to the coding field and am having a little bit of a touch time finding an entry level position. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I appreciate your assistance! Have a great afternoon!

Good Afternoon! My name is Courtney and I just recently received my CPC-A this past April. While I have around 10 years of experience in various healthcare settings (mostly skilled nursing facilities), I am brand new to the coding field and am having a little bit of a touch time finding an entry level position. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I appreciate your assistance! Have a great afternoon!

Hello!

I see you're in Macomb - I would strongly recommend getting in touch with your local chapter. There are several active chapters in Metro Detroit, including one in Macomb.

I'm familiar with some of the Macomb officers - if you reach out to them and attend meetings, they could give you recommendations on networking with employers in the area.

Looks like they're meeting in person tomorrow (5/13) in Warren. If you're available, it could be a good networking opportunity. You could try reaching out to one of the officers for more information on that and future meetings. Officer and chapter contact info can be found here on the AAPC website: https://www.aapc.com/localchapters/...px?id=01101307&cname=Macomb Township Michigan

I'm an officer in Toledo. We had our May meeting on Wednesday and did a Q&A panel with coding managers from healthcare organizations in the Toledo area. We had several CPC-A members take advantage of the opportunity to talk face-to-face with local hiring managers. I think they all walked out of the meeting feeling encouraged about job prospects.

Definitely take advantage of the fact that you have a very active local chapter near you! Good luck.

Good Morning!

Thank you so much for all of this information and a very detailed answer. I will certainly look into my local chapter! Before you mentioned it, I wasn't really sure what that was or how to find it, but the AAPC app seems to provide a lot of info on events happening nearby. I really appreciate your lead and am looking forward to attending a meeting soon.

Thank you and have a great week!
Courtney