Wiki CPC-A seeking job in SE Connecticut

Janet Olivas

Best answers
Self-motivated CPC-A eager to begin coding career. I have 15 years in the health care field working as a Registered Clinical Dietitian. I have a strong background in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. I passed the CPC exam in Sept. '09 with a 91%. I am reliable, ethical, detail-oriented, a team player, and prioritize well. I feel I would be an asset in any office setting. For an attachment of my resume, please e-mail me at janetolivas03@yahoo.com.

You may want to do the X-Tern program, I have had my CPC-A since June 2008 and did not have any luck with going straight into coding and then people started telling me I needed that 2nd year of coding experience before they would hire me (which means when I am done with the internship the A will be taken off the title then have more chances of being hired because the employers know you are no longer an apprentice). This is just a tip....I wish I would have been told about this a long time ago I thought if I got the certification I would automatically be considered for employment.....Not true at all.......Good luck in your search!!