Wiki CPC-A unhappy

Best answers
Can someone please tell me where I can apply for a coding position. Everywhere wants 2-5years experience. I only have the training from school. Please I’m in the Houston area but I will travel or even relocate to get the experience. Thanks

First, consider practicode to remove your A status.

Second, I used indeed, ziprecruiter, glassdoor, monster, careerbuilders, linkedin, and posted my resume on AAPC. Your search criteria should be CPC with entry level, or CPC-A. Also, going to your chapter meetings may help you network.

I know my daughter's doctor expressed interest in hiring a CPC-A, over a CPC because he wanted to train someone, in Plano. Some jobs are out there, you just need to find them, have a resume that impresses, and have good interview skills.

another possible job site for coding jobs

Can someone please tell me where I can apply for a coding position. Everywhere wants 2-5years experience. I only have the training from school. Please I’m in the Houston area but I will travel or even relocate to get the experience. Thanks

Take a look at CodersDirect.com
they have a database of jobs out there
if you go onto advanced search, you can narrow down the parameters(part,time, full time, by certification, by years of experience etc.)

Lois Kastner
President, Cleveland AAPC chapter
10/6/2018

I too know what you're referring to. It was extremely difficult for me to get my foot in the door, because all of my work experience was strictly corporate. After taking completing the course work, I didn't take the test right away. I went on a mission to find my first medical billing job, and it was very difficult. I utilized online job search tools, Monster, Indeed, the AAPC website, and the school I attended. I even went to medical practices, in person, with resume in hand. I fortunately landed my first position, but it was three cities away, and a two and a half hour commute. It will take a lot of effort, on your part, but something will open up. All the best to you!!

I actually just got a coding job a couple weeks ago, shortly after getting my CPC-A. I would recommend you apply to those jobs that require experience because you never know what will come about. They might want to interview you anyways, and if you seem competent and eager to learn then they'll add you to their team. That's what happened with me at least. Before getting this job I planned on going through Practicode because it seems like a great way to remove your Apprentice status and gain experience.
Best of luck!