Wiki CPC-A With 5 years of Medical Billing and Collection Experience.

Best answers
CPC-A with 5 years of medical billing and collections experience looking for a full-time opportunity to began my coding career.I am more than willing to relocate for the right position,and willing to start at the bottom for a chance to learn and gain experience to work my up to the top.Please see my resume below.Thank you.

ANDRIA RAGLAND
332 Ragland Rd - Cottontown, Tennessee 37048 - (615) 323-9386
aragland77@comcast.net

• Dedicated worker with strong customer service experience.
• Analytical thinker and problem solver.
• Quick learner who thrives on change and learning new skills.
• Computer literate in Windows, MS Office, HMS, Meditech, HBO-C,
Dairyland, CPSI, and Epic Hyperspace.

EXPERIENCE

1. Private Duty CNT, Cottontown, TN. Certified Nurse Tech. (March.2006-Jan.2010).
Provided non-medical care to elderly clients in my home. Responsible for
bathing, dressing, meal preparation, vital signs, and making sure clients took medications as directed by physician.

2. HCA Physician Services, Brentwood, TN. Certified Patient Account Representative. (Nov. 2005-Feb 2005).
Medical billing and collection for Georgia-based physician accounts. Worked extensively with Medicaid, Medicare, and BCBS. Production-based environment; worked 200-250 accounts daily. Analyzed and resolved insurance and patient balances, processed insurance denials, appeals, resolved credit balances, and initiated refund requests. Heavy contact with insurance companies, patients, EOB's, and Medicare/Medicaid remits. Working knowledge of the UB04 and CMS-1500, ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS codes.

3. Healthcare Management Resources, Hendersonville, TN. Certified Patient Account Representative. (Aug.2000-May.2004).
Heavy medical billing and collection experience. Extensive knowledge of all commerical payers, auto liability, Workman's Compensation, Medicare, Medicaid, and Self Pay
collection experience. Highly knowledgeable of the UB-92 and HCFA-1500. Experience in reading and interpreting EOB's and Medicare/Medicaid remits. Knowledge of coding and billing of all hospital and physician type services. Analyzed and resolved insurance and patient accounts. Heavy contact with insurance companies, patients, and team members. Processed and resolved denials, appeals,credit balances, and insurance refunds. Knowledgeable of all coding and billing aspects.

4. Highland Manor Nursing Home, Portland, TN. Certified Nurse Assistant.
(May.1994-Jan.2000).
Assisted charge nurse in providing total care to elderly residents. Responsible for all activities of daily living, including range of motion therapies, bathing, dressing, bowel and bladder training, feeding, incontinence care, vital signs, and skilled nursing care. Responsible for maintaining proper infection control and safety techniques.

EDUCATION

• White House High School, White House, TN. GED (Dec 1994).

• Volunteer State Community College, Gallatin, TN.
• Career Step, Provo, UT. Inpatient/Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing (March 2011).

CERTIFICATIONS

• CPC-A Current Active Member of AAPC
• CPAR
• CNA