Wiki CPC-A

Best answers
I am a CPC-A looking for a remote medical coding job. I have a year of experience from my AAPC training. I have also taken the billing course, but have not yet passed the test. Please let me know of any jobs available

Although not impossible, it's unlikely you will land a remote job with only a year of experience. Working remotely requires fairly extensive coding knowledge and employers need to know their employees can work productively without constant supervision.
Companies invest heavily in their new employees so they need to be confident that you will not be constantly asking your manager what to do in any given scenario. You have to be able to work independently.
I know this is not what you want to hear and I hope you find something. My suggestion is that you try to work as a coder for at least 3 years to gain that experience. Coding is very difficult and you will learn a lot in that time; then consider a remote job utilizing your knowledge. It really is the best way.
As a final word; there are a handful of companies that will employ certified coders without experience so you should keep looking.
Good luck.

I believe there should be an incentive from AAPC to CPC members to at least open up training sites, I just want on the job experience even without being hired. I studied on my own after relocating and I have very limited experience with coding department. It is not a good motivator for someone- to not get any acceptance or no where near an extern site. I have signed up for practicode and prefer face to face teaching.