Wiki CPC employment

Best answers
Hello, I have recently finished Practicode and applied for the -A to be removed from my CPC-A credential. I am having a VERY hard time even getting an interview. I have probably put in over 40 applications and never had 1 reach out for any interviews. I have 14 years healthcare experience; 10 of those as a phlebotomist and 2 of them most currently as an MLT. I had a resume created for me through a paid program. I'm not sure what else I can do to get my foot in the door. Most places want experience and of the jobs that say CPC-A acceptable still have not reached out. I even asked a recruiter at my current job to look at my Resume and she said there was ZERO issues with my resume, but just that I do not have 2+ years experience. Anyone know of any entry level positions that would help get me some experience under my belt along with the -A being removed from my credential?

Thanks!

Did you go to a program to do your CPC though? Because I know if you have over 80+hrs of education - it drops a year off along with your parcticode and that should give you 2 years worth of experience.

I am having a similar problem. I finished Practicode to go from CPC-A to CPC, submitted 18 CEUs, and started listening to the AAPC podcast. (I even added these to the education section of my resume.) I've been seeking jobs since the beginning of this month, but I haven't been invited to any interviews yet, even for the three local jobs that I found and applied to (even though their stated requirements didn't obviously disqualify me).

I'm wondering if I should apply for medical coding adjacent jobs to get my foot in the door. I've been told by many people that I'm an excellent writer, so I'm wondering which of those jobs might have the most use for that. I have some blog posts that demonstrate how detail-oriented and analytical I am, which I know are helpful skills for medical coders, but the subject matter is not related to medical coding. (It's mostly insights that I've gained from my dating experiences.) Might my blog still be useful to share to employers? Or should I first try to gain more medical coding expertise so that I can have writing samples that are specifically about medical coding or at least healthcare business?