Wiki CPC exam third attempt

Best answers

My third attempt at passing the CPC exam was nerve racking. I studied over 200 hours. I read guideline, 1000 practice questions (scoring 85-95% ) on each and purchased the CCO blitz. I stumbled over the surgery procedure and incision questions. I was not prepared for the fraud and compliance questions. The questions were never covered in any reference I read. I am feeling defeated once again. I haven't received my grade yet, but my gut is telling me I failed once again. I have determination to follow this career path but this exam is the worst life event I have ever been through.

narrow down answers For COC exam I wrote, most cpt based questions were easily sorted using image guidance codes like 77002 and 76942. Use and learned some codes like those of mohs surgery, infusion codes; so didn't need to use cpt text for these questions. Learned code range of simple, complex and intermediate repair in integumentary so easily sorted out to 2 options or may be even to right answer. If there is an ICD code in options no need for a confirmation with cpt.
Since you already tried a third attempt I think you may have tried this, if not these will really help you since you had worked this hard, determined to part.

Failed CPC Exam

I to have taken the CPC exam 3 times and failed all three times so I know the frustration you feel, but do not give up. If you still have access to the blitz from CCO look for the Compliance and regulator videos in your membership page. I just found my last night and I hope it will help me when I retake the test in December.

I also have taken the CPC exam 3 times and Failed all 3 times

I took classes back in 2015 from AAPC and passed and graduated. Wth can't I pass this test. I have either finished in 4 hrs or this last time had finished with 30 minutes to spare. I've been told not to read into the questions to much and just narrow it down to 2 out of the 4 multiple choice answers. I've followed all tips .I missed the first time with missing by 20, but I was nervous and I know that was a problem. The second attempt I got a 65. Missed by 5 points. Seriously are you kidding me 5 points I wanted to scream. Then this last attempt I missed by 20 again....I want to give up but I need to pass this so I can get a job. I'm 48 and had to do a career change from a work related accident 2 years ago. I've spent so much money on this and have studied, tabbed my book etc. Please tell me how I can pass this exam.