Wiki CPC Exam

JESSICAMSIMS

Best answers
Hello All,

I am new to the coding world and I will be taking the exam in December. Does anyone have any advice or tips on passing the exam. I have heard that most people have to take the exam more than once. I would prefer to pass it the 1st time. :)

Jessica

Tips for exam

Evening,

Make sure to have a good under standing of the guidelines and I found the Blitz video's thru Certification Coach Org to be very helpful, the highlighting and bubbling of my code book was great. Also good tips on time management, on test grid there are 5 columns if you can do one column and hour that gives your 40 min. to go back over any questions that you flag because your were not sure.

Best of luck with the test, it is very exhausting! Take peppermint candy, suppose to be good to help simulate the brain.

taking CPC exam in November

From which book or websites can i practice CPT and ICD 10 questions ? I have cpc practice exams .

Nirmal

I would suggest you to start with ICD guidelines first and take some practice questions in ICD. Then you can start learning CPT.

The best way to start with Anesthesia, Radiology sections initially.

All the best !

I would definitely suggest investing in the CPC Blitz. Their Highlighting and Bubbling technique was a LIFESAVER for me!

-Know that you can write all through your book (no stickies though)

-Read all guidelines at the beginning of each "thousands" in CPT

-Read all guidelines at the beginning of each Letter in ICD-10

-Start at the BACK of the test. This is where the shorter questions/answers are. If you don't know something back there, you may stumble upon it somewhere else going through the test (I did a few times)

-Try to limit yourself to 1 hour per column (I can print you off what the answer sheet looks like)

-Know your modifiers

-Know about cataracts/retinal detachment/Glaucoma

-Know about digestive system

-Tendons, Ligaments, Cartliage

-Medicare Parts (A-D)

-CMS, OIG, Affordable Care Act (This will be under Compliance/Regulatory)

-Know how the blood flows through the heart

-Difference the between Diastolic vs Systolic

-Know when you have to include image guidance vs when its included in the code

-Become very familiar with your books (Especially Index)

Hello All,

I am new to the coding world and I will be taking the exam in December. Does anyone have any advice or tips on passing the exam. I have heard that most people have to take the exam more than once. I would prefer to pass it the 1st time. :)

Jessica

I just took mine 9/17 and I ran out of time! I Christmas tree'd 50 questions! Only 1 person left before time was called out of 20! Do all of the anatomy, physiology, billing, coding guideline questions 1st! My instructor waited till the last 30 minutes to advise us of the time remaining. We were all in panic mode. :(

Good luck! I am sure I will be sitting for my 2nd attempt in December as well.