Wiki CPC exam

macjac7

New
Best answers
Hello, I will be sitting for my cpc exam this weekend. I have a question in regards to what is and is not allowed in our books. I transferred over many notes from my 2010 book to my 2011 which contains information on Medicare and in each section I have extra prefixes and suffixes as well as words that I found myself stuck on in their definition. This information I have accumulated through out my schooling. I do not want to show up for my exam and they say I have too much info and not let me take the test. any advice on this matter is greatly appreciated as well as any extra tips for the exam itself.
Thank you, Jackie

Hi Jackie,

When I took my CPC exam in 2008 you could write notes in your books. You can not have loose papers or sticky notes. Make sure you have a 2011 edition ICD-9,CPTS, and HPICS manual. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

From,
Nicole

Thanks Nicole,
I did get the 2011 books, I will admit I am extremely nervous!
That is what I had heard was I could write any notes in my books but then read on another blog that you can not write too much extra information in it, so I worried about my medicare info, mainly things like what a MAC is and an OIG, such as that.
Thanks again, Jackie