Wiki cpc in jamestown ny area looking to advance

Best answers
MARY MESSINA, CPC
361 Foote Ave. Jamestown, NY 14701
716-490-4523
marymessina1998@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE To work as a Certified Professional Coder long term for a Physicians office and provide my expertise to the best of my ability.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
CPC certification received thru the AAPC in September of 2014
Fifteen years of experience in the medical office setting with knowledge of medical billing, medical coding, receptionist ability.
Excellent communication skills with the public, staff, and physicians
Professional attitude always
Medent computer system knowledge
EMR knowledge
ICD-10 CM code Set Training complete
EXPERIENCE
MEDICAL CODER- JAMESTOWN AREA MEDICAL ASSOCIATES (716)488-1877
2008- CURRENT
Medical coding daily for the busy Internal medicine department. I assign codes, read over documentation, and consult Physicians and staff on any changes that need to be made. I also do coding for the Orthopedic department as well. In may of 2015 I took over office coordinator for Dr. Frank Arnal. Duties include managing the front end of the office to make sure daily routines run smoothly. Some major accomplishments have been moving the office toward EMR by putting into place electronic prescription prescribing, office notes being completed in the computer, doctor education on ICD-10, and establishing guidelines of making sure vitals and medications are being reviewed at every visit.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE- ALLIED HEALTHCARE (716) 664-5092
2007-2008
Customer Service to all customers who entered the showroom for durable medical equipment. Verified insurances, obtained prior authorizations, data entry of claims.

MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/CHARGE ENTRY- WESTFIELD FAMILY PHYSICIANS (716) 326-4678
2004-2007
Medical Receptionist. Checked patients in and out of the office. Collected co-payments, scheduled appointments, open and closed the office. Ran computer back up at night, and also did some charge entry of Physician claims.

MEDICAL BILLER- WCA SERVCIES CORP. (716)664-7353
1998-2004
Data entry of all pre hospital care reports from Alstar EMS paramedics from both Jamestown and Dunkirk locations. Claims submission, accounts receivable, and follow up on claims as well. Collection phone calls.

EDUCATION JAMESTOWN HIGH SCHOOL, JAMESTOWN NY
1998 Graduate. Regents diploma.

JAMESTOWN COMMUNITY COLLEGE, JAMESTOW NY
1998-2000
Areas of study Business and communications. No degree received from there as of yet.

CPC, CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL CODER CREDENTIALS
Received in September of 2014. Course taken online thru the AAPC, distance learning and education. Course started in May 2014, completed August 2014. Final Grade: 88%

REFERENCES THOMASZ WOLOSZYN, MD
(716) 720-2426

VANESSA BARTON- PAST SUPERISOR
(716) 488-0333

VICKY BERG- CO WORKER
(716) 499-5417

LORRI MUNSON- CO WORKER
(716) 450-3149

Last edited: