CPC looking for Full/Part time postition Annapolis MD and Eastern Shore MD

Best answers
Sheri A. Ark, CPC
104 North Central Avenue
Ridgely, MD 21660
(443) 977-9127
sheria218@gmail.com

QUALIFICATIONS: I pride myself on my attention to detail and the ability to create and maintain an organized workplace. I consider this vital in any professional atmosphere to assure productivity and reliability.

EDUCATION: Certified Professional Coder Course from May 2010 – December 2010
CPC Credentials received 12/18/2010

Medix School, Glen Burnie Maryland, 1985
Medical Secretarial Course
EXPERIENCE:
Nov. 2007 – Present - Billing Supervisor – Women OB/GYN, 2003 Medical Parkway, Suite 250, Annapolis, MD 21401, (410) 224-2228 – Responsibilities include: Sending electronic claims, Charge Entry, CPT and ICD 9 Coding, Following up on claim denials, insurance underpayments via internet, phone, mail. Work aging report and follow up on all unpaid claims. Write and send appeal letters to insurance companies. Posting insurance company checks and write offs to patient accounts. Credentialing – Updating CAQH website, checking regularly to be sure all current physician info, licensing, etc are on file. Process all applications to apply for new insurance companies and to renew contracts with companies prior to expiration. Work as liason between insurance company, to obtain rates and President, until agreement has been reached. Create and maintain all insurance company files to consist of contracts, rates, contact information, updates, etc. Oversee the daily function of billing office employees to include time off, guidance, productivity, etc

August 2004 - Dec. 2005 Accounts Receivable Analyst - Maxim Healthcare Services, 7080 Samuel Morse Drive, Columbia, MD 21046, (410) 910-2173 - Responsibilities include: billing for home healthcare branch offices and facilities, reviewing time slips, creating and adjusting invoices, insurance company billing to include HCFAs, UB92s, electronic billing. Follow up on all accounts including insurance company, facility and private pay collections.

May 1997 - May 2004 Insurance Fraud Investigations - Trace America, 5045 Twin Knolls Road, Suite 5, Columbia, MD 21045, (800) 827-1834 – Following positions held:
Supervisor - December 2000 - May 2003 to consist of managing investigative unit for workers compensation and insurance fraud, supervising 15 employees, processing payroll, reviewing/billing reports, maintaining filing system for employees to include equipment, time off, etc. Handling client calls and questions regarding this service and reports, maintaining quality of service and progression/growth of unit. Answering incoming company phones, directing calls, taking incoming orders for assignments.
Proofreader - August 1997 - December 2000 – to consist of: proofreading and correcting all company outgoing reports and invoices. Checking court and motor vehicle records on line for investigative reports.
Order taker/Customer Service - May 1997 - August 1997 – to consist of: answering & directing telephone calls, taking assignments via phone, fax & email.

REFERENCES: Available upon request.