Wiki CPC looking for part time coding

dwoobie

New
Best answers
I currently became certified as a CPC. I have 10 years of insurance experience, 8 years in the medical field and 4 years as a medical biller. I am looking for a part time coding position for nights and weekends. Can someone let me know if anyone is hiring with my availability?

Hi dwoobie,
I do not know of any facility off the top of my head, but I continuously keep hearing that we are in a coder shortage. Are you actively on LinkedIn and have BOTH your profile and qualifications uploaded? Even, if you are not looking for something, there is always someone asking if you would be interested in a new opportunity.
There are so many companies outsourcing their coding (even in other time zones). I cannot believe the hours you stated are possibly available would be an issue at all here (unsure of your time zone), just simply that you are able to work and complete the coding or billing task at hand. I clearly do not know what type of position you are looking for, but you have several years of experience in what I will call a "smorgasbord of experience here". Don't be afraid to tap that potential moving forward.
I only wish you tons of success and thank you for listening this evening,
Dana Chock, CPC, CANPC, CHONC, CPMA, CPB, RHIT

I am on linked in. Is there anyone that you may know that would want to mentor me? I need some sort of exposure as these employers want experience.
Please advise and thank you for your input.