Wiki CPC looking for PT home-based work

cdcpc

Networker
Best answers
Hello,
I am looking for part-time home based coding work. Please take a look at my resume. If I fit what you're looking for, feel free to contact me by email.
Thank you,
Carrie Davis, CPC
carriedavis7@yahoo.com

Objective
To gain part-time home based employment so I can enjoy more time with my family.

CPC Certification
March 2005
Certified Professional Coding certificate through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).

Education
May 2002 Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Care Management from Southern Illinois University. Courses included Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology and Health Care Supervision. Honors included earning a top 15% class ranking (with a 3.658 GPA) and earning a position on the Dean's List for five semesters.

Work Experience
July 2005 – July 2009 Logan Primary Care Herrin, IL
• Compliance Auditor
Performed a complete re-design of Logan Primary Care's internal auditing program.
Provided continual improvement to the internal auditing program.
Performed audits on up to 10 percent of all office visit, hospital and nursing home charges for 8 physicians and 11 physician assistants.
Provided coding and documentation education to all physicians, physician assistants, and coders.
• Coding Supervisor
Supervised and offered coding assistance and education to four coders and billing staff.
Assisted the billing manager with personnel issues.
Kept coding employees, physicians, and physician assistants updated on yearly diagnosis and procedure code changes.

April 2004 – July 2005 Southern Orthopedic Associates, Herrin, IL
• Billing Clerk
Researched through medical records and assigned correct diagnostic ICD-9 and CPT procedural codes to charges.
Posted office visits, injections, and various office procedure charges for all 10 doctors and 10 physician assistants.
• Scheduler
Coordinated appointment scheduling for two physicians.
Collected co-payments according to insurance type.
Scheduled patients for return appointments.

June 2002 – March 2004 Neurological Associates, Carbondale, IL
Dr. B. Theo Mellion and Dr. Sumeer Lal
• Surgical Coordinator
Managed all aspects of the surgery schedule including scheduling each patient's surgery, history and physical, pre-operativeeducation, and pre-registration appointments.
Coordinated all surgical and testing pre-certification with various insurancecompanies. Scheduled all testing for patients including MRIs, CTs, and CT Myelograms.
Managed all medical records requests.