Wiki CPC Sample Exam A Question

ben0125

Best answers
52 year-old female has a mass growing on her right flank for several years. It has finally gotten significantly larger and is beginning to bother her. She is brought to the Operating Room for definitive excision. An incision was made directly overlying the mass. The mass was down into the subcutaneous tissue and the surgeon encountered a well encapsulated lipoma approximately 4 centimeters. This was excised primarily bluntly with a few attachments divided with electrocautery. What CPT® and ICD-10-CM codes are reported?
A. 21932, D17.39
B. 21935, D17.1
C. 21931, D17.1
D. 21925, D17.9
The rationalization says to look up Lipome/Trunk (skin)/ subcutaneous. Answer (b)..
My coding is for physicians.
MY QUESTION: how would I have determined Trunk means (skin)?
Thank you for any assistance.
Kimberly

I beleve you shouldn't be reposting practice exam questions but anyway here is what its talking about

Trunk is a body location sub entry for Lipoma in the index. (skin) is a non essential modifier, meaning presence or lack of of the word in the documentation, a lipoma of the trunk is coded there. Now if there was a more detailed subentry under trunk then you would go deeper level of the index.

It could be a typo because my index shows:

Lipoma
------Trunk (Skin)(Subcutaneous)

Last edited: