Wiki CPC w/ 3 year experience in Dermatology looking for remote oppurtunity

Best answers
Amanda Paxton

2193 Hollywood Drive, Forked River, NJ 08731 | H: (732) 330- 5316 | Amanda.brown0528@yahoo.com
Summary
Certified Professional Coder with nearly 13 years of experience in a health care setting. I worked in a hospital nearly 10 years and currently work in a busy dermatology office. I have worked both closely with patients and behind a computer dealing with patient records. My experience in the industry is varied and I have always stepped in to areas even outside of my designated position to help patients and the company.
Working independently is a skill I possess but I am not afraid to reach out to the necessary personnel to confirm my actions are accurate. Along with my ability of independence I am quick to learn the skills for any position and maximize my efforts to meet and exceed expectations. When I have a task assigned to me I make sure to execute within the quickest time possible but also reviewing my work to avoid any mistakes.
The world of healthcare, specifically billing and coding, is ever changing and I am always eager to learn more information. I keep my CPC certification valid by earning CEUs by reviewing articles and taking appropriate quizzes of new and relevant material. I am excited to further myself and my career with new and exciting job opportunities.
Skills
· CPC certification through AAPC
· CPT and ICD 10
· Medical coding capability
· Medical documentation
· Results-driven
· Setting appointments
· Fast and hands on learner
· Willing to acquire new skills
Experience
Certified Medical Coder 12/2016 to Current
Kuflik Dermatology
Toms River, NJ
· Pull patient records and transferred information to appropriate parties
· Provided respectful assistance to all parties, including patients, staff members and insurance company representatives
· Disseminated information to correct department, individual or outside location
· Relieved phone calls from providers who would dictate patients diagnosis's and procedures
· Read chart notes and surgery sheets and interpret information to enter into Nextech program
· Discuss potential questionable chart notes and diagnosis's with billing supervisor to ensure correct coding
· Make sure correct modifiers are added to CPT codes
· Occasional coverage at front desk, working directly with patients taking co-payments, cosmetic charges, selling products, and/or making follow up appointments
· Enter patient insurance information on Navinet website to pre authorize surgery codes
Patient Access Associate 08/2014 to 11/2016
Community Medical Center
Toms River, NJ
· Registering patients paperwork for blood work and infusions drawn off site from the hospital
· Create new patient accounts or update an existing account to document the blood work was drawn and enter in the diagnosis codes for the testing
· Worked with the program MedeAnalytics to verify and change patients correct insurance information before the account was sent to billing
· Other duties included printing, labeling and scanning consent sheets, and also scanning scripts and insurance information from patients visits from throughout the day
· Worked independently without direct supervision on an overnight shift
Patient Transporter/Dispatcher 11/2007 to 08/2014
Community Medical Center
Toms River, NJ
· Checked wheelchair and stretcher functionality prior to patient pick up
· Picked up patients from rooms/testing areas and delivered patients to correct room/testing area within a timely fashion
· Would transfer patients correctly and safely from bed to stretcher
· Picked up requested orders to move equipment and supplies to assigned treatment areas
· Developed strong and trusting rapport with each patient to facilitate best possible care and assistance
· Maintained all schedules by delivering patients safely and on time to procedure rooms
· Provided patient transport using various equipment and adhered to safety protocols
· Promoted to a dispatcher position within the department
· Assigned transporting tasks to staff on schedule for that day
· Took phone calls and worked with various departments to correct transporting delays

Education and Training
Certified Professional Coder status upgraded to CPC through AAPC. Member ID: 01473417 2019
CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
Associate of Arts

Ocean County College- 117 Haines Rd, Toms River NJ

Courses towards CPC certification
Ocean County College- 117 Haines Rd, Toms River NJ Anatomy and Physiology, ICD-10,Medical Terminology 1+2,Insurance Practices

Certifications
January 2019- CPC
November 2016 – CPC-A