Wiki Cpc

dyj

Best answers
Hi,

very new to this forum, i have my CPC exam in couple of weeks
i am reading valuable tips for the exam from other posts, as i am also concerned for finishing exam 'in time'

just wanted to know are sample papers given here are tough than the actual exam questions? for thorough practice?. i mean are the actual exam questions are such in detail operative notes and complex coding (like ICD CPT in one que which is so time consuming)
also just wanted to know like when you actually pass the exam is it a grade or just pass or fail? like if you solve above 80% or just passing % final certificate won't reflect the score but just the 'pass' or 'fail'?

also you can please share some tips here to finish exam 'in time'

thanks

I used the AAPC study guide and the online tests and found them very much like the exam. As far as finishing on time, I suggest not spending time on the long case questions. I started at the back and worked 150 - 1. I worked up to the last minute and had to fill in the last 8 questions without reading them. When your exam is graded it will post on your messages with the score you got, but your certificate won't have your score.

Hope this helps! good luck!

CPC Exam

Good luck on your exam. I am currently doing the online course for CPC. I am actually looking for some help. If you live near Martin County and would consider helping me or know someone who would be interested let me know. Thanks!
Kristie

Good luck on your exam. I am currently doing the online course for CPC. I am actually looking for some help. If you live near Martin County and would consider helping me or know someone who would be interested let me know. Thanks!
Kristie
How far into the course are you? I'm on chapter 8 and while I'm doing fine grade wise, I get crazy stressed on these op reports! :eek It would be SO nice is there were instructors available maybe at certain times of the day to "chat" with. So you could ask questions w/o having to wait for a reply. It is a hard course, or at least for me. I work FT as well as other "life" happenings, just like everyone else, but I have to say that this can be a bit overwhelming for me.
Anyway, would be nice to be able to connect with someone who is doing this course as well. Even if just online.
Good luck to you!!
Heidi

hi

don't worry too much....... cpc is not about studying too much for it.. you just have to clear your concepts about how to get to the right code ... you don't have to remember much... only practice handling the books ..... and with less efforts also you can pass..... and one more thing i would like you to know don't do hurry or get nervous or get scared at all ....all these are very dangerous for cpc..... cause even if you study a lot but at the time of exam if you get nervous or scared... you probability of finding right code decreases..... be confidant and cool when you go for exam and give your 100% at that time.. u will surely succeed...
cause it dosent matter how quick you find code while practicing.... the only thing that matter in cpc is how well you do at the time of exam.........
so i wish you "ALL THE BEST"