Wiki CPCO Credential

RaqPCCS

Best answers
Hi,
For those who have earned the CPCO credential. How has it helped you on a professional level? Has it earned you a promotion or raise in your present job or has it opened new opportunities?
On a personal level, how do you feel after this accomplishment?
Thanks.
Have a nice day.

I passed the CPCO exam in November! I was already serving as compliance officer for our physician group. The credential gives me credibility. I ask physicians to follow me, coding as I recommend. Sometimes I ask them to do things differently than they "always have". The fact that a national organization has recognized me gives them reason to trust me! I did receive a raise with my new responsibilities.

I passed the CPCO exam in November! I was already serving as compliance officer for our physician group. The credential gives me credibility. I ask physicians to follow me, coding as I recommend. Sometimes I ask them to do things differently than they "always have". The fact that a national organization has recognized me gives them reason to trust me! I did receive a raise with my new responsibilities.

I agree, the credential gives you added credibility in your role as compliance officer or as a coder. I think it makes you more marketable in the future as well. I truly feel anyone in the office that is responible for the compliance should take this. It is truly a good judge of what you know in regards to compliance. It is not an easy exam and you will have some questions you just know or you don't. I hope this helps you in making your decision on weather to set for the CPCO or not. :)

Cpco

Where can I get training for CPCO in NJ? I know AAPC offers preparation for the exam.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
thanks

I take my exam on August 3rd. Any last minute studying tips? I just passed my CPMA last month.