Wiki CPCO Exam Notes

jforthman80

Best answers
Hello I was wondering if anyone who has taken the CPCO exam could tell me what kind of notes I can write on the front page of the OIG guidelines as well as notes within the Physician Practice Compliance Reference book? Can I write actual questions down with the answer from quizlet cards and/or from the chapter summaries from the study guide? I just need to know what notes are accepted. Thank You

Definitely not on the questions & answers.

This is a direct copy & paste from the Examination Agreement:

5. I understand my books are subject to examination by the proctors. Handwritten notes are acceptable in the coding books only if they pertain to daily coding activities. Questions from the Study Guides, Practice Exams or the Exam itself are prohibited.

5. I understand my books are subject to examination by the proctors. Handwritten notes are acceptable in the coding books only if they pertain to daily coding activities. Questions from the Study Guides, Practice Exams or the Exam itself are prohibited.
Ok thank you … can I write down the name of Laws along with the date they became effective as well as what the law does?

Hello I was wondering if anyone who has taken the CPCO exam could tell me what kind of notes I can write on the front page of the OIG guidelines as well as notes within the Physician Practice Compliance Reference book? Can I write actual questions down with the answer from quizlet cards and/or from the chapter summaries from the study guide? I just need to know what notes are accepted. Thank You

Rather than write down questions/answers from the quizlet cards, I recommend you highlight the reference where the answer is found. Find a binder and organize everything neatly. Read and understand your material to the point that you could teach the content in a lecture style format for a large university. Its one thing to have the notes with you at the exam... its another thing to understand it so well that you know exactly where to turn to find the solution. Know the material... you will not have time to do a lot of searching. If you know where the solution is, you will pass.

Best,
Scott B, MBA, CPCO

Can someone please tell me what references can we bring to the CPCO exam. The first time I took the exam I was told I would have been able to bring additional references. The only references I see mentioned on the site are the ones below.

Approved References for Use During the CPCO Exam​

Reference materials are not required for the CPCO exam, but you may refer to the following items, so long as they are printed directly from the official websites. Notes are allowed only on the printed side of documents.

Can we include anything from the list of resources provided in the study guide?

Can someone please tell me what references can we bring to the CPCO exam. The first time I took the exam I was told I would have been able to bring additional references. The only references I see mentioned on the site are the ones below.

Approved References for Use During the CPCO Exam​

Reference materials are not required for the CPCO exam, but you may refer to the following items, so long as they are printed directly from the official websites. Notes are allowed only on the printed side of documents.

Can we include anything from the list of resources provided in the study guide?

The items listed are the only ones allowed.

The OIG stuff would need to be printed from the official website. (Remember you can't write on the blank side of the paper.)

The only book allowed is the AAPC compliance guide mentioned on the list if you wish to purchase it: https://www.aapc.com/medical-coding-books/physician-practice-compliance-reference-guide/

You can't take any other references.

Good luck on your exam!

Hi - I organized my compliance documents by tabs ( office, hospitals and third party). I also tabbed my phy Book.....Whatever details are not mentioned in OIG Compliance guidance . I wrote it in book for example EMTALA - OIG Compliance does not have much information in it so read from the study guide and make a note of missing details . Your goal should be to find the topic without spending too much time looking for it. I also created a cheat sheet with topics and page number and wrote it at the back of Comp. If you need more info please send an email -- sahni.vani@gmail.com.
I just finished the exam..all its in my head..I can help if you are still looking .

Thanks
Vani

Can you please suggest me how to prepare for CPCO exam and complete stuudy guidebook