Wiki CPMA Exam

Congrats!

Congrats! I take mine Saturday. Did you find that the questions on the test mirrored the ones in the course/ practice tests through the AAPC?

CPMA Exam Preparation

Congrats! I take mine Saturday. Did you find that the questions on the test mirrored the ones in the course/ practice tests through the AAPC?

Marcie,
I am preparing for the CPMA exam. I plan on studying with AAPC's curriculum that includes practice tests and a three month course. Did you use this prepare? Did you find it helpful?

Thanks,
Emily Cooper, CPC

Marcie,
I am preparing for the CPMA exam. I plan on studying with AAPC's curriculum that includes practice tests and a three month course. Did you use this prepare? Did you find it helpful?

Thanks,
Emily Cooper, CPC

I certainly did. It is highly recommended. I finished in a little over 3 hours and feel confident.

Just started my CPMA course

Thank you ladies for this post. It is encouraging and if there is anyone out there that wants a study partner or would be willing to assist me it would be great! Thanks

I just started the course too. I finished the first chapter and passed the chapter exam. I'm wondering what E/M audit sheet you all used and if you used that same one for the test. Is it the one that they showed in the course? (I've attached it to this email). If it is, I want to get used to using this one (this is just a snippet of it).audit.JPG

Last edited:
I took that same audit sheet for my exam in November. I honestly didn't even look at it after the exam began. That tool is a good one for reporting back to providers, however I find it a little clunky and almost overwhelming. I don't have a good suggestion for an audit tool for the exam other than know the E&M guidelines and don't panic when you see the exam booklet. I was ill prepared for that whammy but somehow remained calm and reminded myself I had a re-take (luckily I passed the first time). My advice is much like the advice you'll see for the CPC exam- read the answers, then look at the last sentence of the question. Don't bog yourself down in the body of the note initially. I found this test less nerve-wracking than the CPC exam. Good luck. You passed the first hurdle with the CPC. You CAN do it!!

AHG, CPC, CPMA

Thank you ladies for this post. It is encouraging and if there is anyone out there that wants a study partner or would be willing to assist me it would be great! Thanks

I'd love to be a study partner! I have a done a few chapters already in the course. I'm currently working on Chapter 3 and then Chapter 4 the practical cases. I kinda did it out of order because Chapter 3 is what I have to focus on the most and then onto the practical cases. Drop me a line if you want to chat.

Is it huge or something?

"Huge" No. True booklet, yes. I can't really divulge a lot without feeling I've violated AAPC's rules of discussing the test. Just as the questions on the CPC practice exams on AAPC were a wonderful example of the format for the exam, the CPMA is very similar.
Good luck!