Wiki CPMA General Info

aburdsall

New
Best answers
CPMA Course/Exam Question

Good Morning everyone,

I just started in an clinical appeals dept and have decided I wanted to do the course for the CPMA and get certified after I move in July. I plan on buying the study guide and practice exams as well. What other things would you recommend for me to get that you feel would help?

Also with your personal experience what areas did you feel was harder than others? (yes I know we are all different :) just wanted to get an idea of the areas to potentially pay more attention to).

Last edited:
Deciding to go for a new credential is exciting! Good luck!

In addition to the Study Guide and Practice Exams be sure you check out the "Additional Resources" listed on the AAPC page for CPMA Prep (Here is the link: https://www.aapc.com/training/cpma-additional-preparation.aspx). When the exam first came out and was offered as a Beta Exam to those individuals who already had the CEMC, the list on that page was all we were given to prepare. We were told those resources were used in the initial development of the exam and I found them particularly helpful in preparing!

Hope that helps!
Chandra

Deciding to go for a new credential is exciting! Good luck!

In addition to the Study Guide and Practice Exams be sure you check out the "Additional Resources" listed on the AAPC page for CPMA Prep (Here is the link: https://www.aapc.com/training/cpma-additional-preparation.aspx). When the exam first came out and was offered as a Beta Exam to those individuals who already had the CEMC, the list on that page was all we were given to prepare. We were told those resources were used in the initial development of the exam and I found them particularly helpful in preparing!

Hope that helps!
Chandra

Yes it does help me out! Thank you Chandra! I am definitely looking forward to getting the new credential but of course always want to do the research to make sure it's what I want. Thank you again :)