Wiki Cpma

I passed!

I received an email on Friday at work, that I didn't see until this morning. But I "checked in" last night and saw that i passed!! I can't believe it. I really had my doubts but hooray!! Congrats to all of us!!
:cool:

Passed CPMA

Took the test 12/5 as well and just checked the site and I passed (again). That was a long wait.

Congratulations to all.

Kem Potter, RHIT, CCS-P, CPC, CPMA, CEMC, CGSC

Cpma exam

Congrats to everyone that passed the exam.

For the ones that passed I was wondering if you can give me some guidance of what I can review in the areas of Quality Assurance & Risk Analysis, and Compliance and Regulatory.

Thanks so much in advance,

Gina, CPC, CEMC

My advice is to get Deborah Grider's book, Medical Record Auditor. I saw where a lot of information from the book was referenced in the questions.

I would also review Joint Commission documentation guidelines and the OIG website.

Question to those who passed the CPMA

I am wondering if it is worth paying to take the review class as I have already attended a webinar on auditing and I have Deborah Grider's book as well as made a copy of the resources list to prepare for the exam.

Also if anyone did the NAMAS review class how long after did you schedule your exam?

Guidance for both of these issues is greatly appreciated.

I passed the test and I never went to any additional training and I did not have Deborahs book either.

I thought the actual auditing was easy but that is what I do everyday. The hard part for me was the compliance part because you have no resources with you for that. I am very complaince oriented and try to stay on top of it but there is a lot out there and in the real world we have the lovely internet at our disposals.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

I agree with Laura. The auditing was the easy part. And I hardly touched my coding books. It would have been great to have some kind of compliance resource to take into the test...that's why I was so nervous about the results. Guess I did ok though since I passed.

Are they remailing everyones or just yours? I still haven't received mine either.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

I think just mine since I was inquiring. If you have not received it I think you should contact them and have them re-send it. Makes you wonder where they all went! Maybe they are sitting in the mail room at the Academy :eek:

Hi all,

I received mine on February 1st. I have been a CPMA since 4/09 I was grandfathered into AAPC. But just received my certificate thru AAPC.

Have a great day!

GeminiCoder74

I called and was told they just got mailed out. If I don't get it within a week to call back again.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

I have heard that letters with the pass percentages were mailed out and we have never gotten one (we tested 12/5). The only notice of passing we have is what is posted here on the website. We have inquired at least three times and each time we have been told they were just mailed. I asked yesterday if they could just please fax or e-mail the letter, but yet again, we haven't gotten anything...

I got an email back in Jan, I think the 2nd week, with that info. I didn't realize they would send us a letter on that as well. The only thing I ever got on my CEMC was the certificate so that is what I was expecting on my CPMA as well. Don't remember what they mailed for my CPC, might have only been the certificate as well.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

Just called AAPC and certificates were mailed out first of January. She confirmed correct address. I told her many people haven't received their certificate. So if you haven't received it you may need to call. She is having mine reprinted and should expect it in 5 - 7 days.

I'm studying to take this exam. Would anyone be willing to share their auditor tools? or recommend any auditor tools that they felt helped them? thanks!:p

There have been alot of questions on the CPMA exam. The NAMAS group said this is specifically physician based. Not the regular hospital certified medical auditor. Doctors Management said to please call them if questions

I'm studying to take this exam. Would anyone be willing to share their auditor tools? or recommend any auditor tools that they felt helped them? thanks!:p

If you are familiar with auditing study more Compliance guidelines, for example HIPAA and the US Sentencing guidelines Chapter 8. Also study JACHO, CERT, RAC and MUE.

Still haven't received anything...

Just called AAPC again, she said they show they have mailed it again this past Friday.

This is crazy.

Laura, CPC, CPMA, CEMC

I never have received the original one they mailed out. I had the "reprinted" one sent to my home address. It did not have a letter or anything included with it, which I assume was with the original now in some unknown location :rolleyes:

AAPC Staff

The CPMA exam results (the pass letter and certificate) have been reprinted and sent to everyone again on Tuesday, February 16th. If you have not received these by the end of the month, please contact AAPC to verify your mailing address. Thank you!

Yes, you must have additional CEU's in "auditing".

I took the test in October of 2009 and when everything was transferred over to the AAPC it now shows that I must attain 13.5 CEU's in auditing before October of 2010.

auditing ceu's

I just took the cpma course and was told we need 12 ceu's after passing the test and can't count the 16 for the class. Am not able to see any ceu's for auditing on aapc or drs. managemnent websites either.