Wiki cppm test

Hi Joy,

How did you do with your exam? I am on my third attempt, waiting for my results. I received responses from others who took the exam to study the questions found in the course because they were very similar to the test. My focus was on the questions and anything related to topics. I cannot believe the questions that are asked in the exam; the majority are not covered (or worded) similar to the mock tests that were in the course from the AAPC. I am so frustrated. What were your thoughts on the exam?

Diana Wilson

Hi Joy,

How did you do with your exam? I am on my third attempt, waiting for my results. I received responses from others who took the exam to study the questions found in the course because they were very similar to the test. My focus was on the questions and anything related to topics. I cannot believe the questions that are asked in the exam; the majority are not covered (or worded) similar to the mock tests that were in the course from the AAPC. I am so frustrated. What were your thoughts on the exam?

Diana Wilson
Hi Diana,

I truly apologize for not replying sooner. I just saw this, so unfortunately I haven't been able to take the test. Back when I originally had it scheduled covid happened. Now everything I've been trying to book is over 4hrs away which makes it nearly impossible for me. I tried to reach out and see if they would offer the test online since they are doing that with a few tests but no luck. I'm afraid I would have to take the class all over again if i don't take it soon.

To answer your original question, 70% is the passing score.

I hope you're able to find and schedule an in-person exam near you soon.

From conversations in the officer discussion group, I know that there are some New Jersey chapters that have been able to host exams. Cherry Hill had one in December - I don't know if that's close enough to you or not, but you may want to watch to see if/when they add future exams to their schedule.

I think one of the issues for chapters in some states has been finding affordable locations to host exams. Even though the state may technically permit the exam to be held, the chapter's normal exam site may still be subject to restrictions & the officers may be searching for new locations they can use.

If you're involved with your local chapter, you may want to reach out to one of the officers and find out if they are planning to host any exams soon. The officers may be making plans that haven't finalized enough to officially add to the schedule on the AAPC website.