Wiki CPT 95930 (need some input)

daniel

True Blue
Best answers
95930, Visual evoked potential (VEP) testing central nervous system.

Is anyone using this machine in there practice?
And if so, are you getting reimbursed all the time? Dealing with PPO's and Medi-cal.

I came across this service recently, looks like a good revenue booster. I'm going to bring in up to my physician in the next meeting seeking some input.

Thank You
Daniel
CPC

If this is of some interest to you also.

Here's a quick link for some more info.

http://codinginstitute.com/sample/pca_v11_n6_sample.pdf

We use the Vep testing in our office. We had alot of issues in the beginning, however, we have worked most of the problems out. We use V80.2 as a diagnosis for all insurances except for Aetna they require V20.2. Oxford is the only insurance not paying for the test at all however the majority of insurances applied the test to the patients deductible and this angered many parents because they did not realize this. We now have a policy where we inform all patients that there insurance may apply the test to deductible and we inform them of the cost and let them choose. Most parents choose to have the test. We also recently starting billing for the supplies to perform the test A6411, A4558, and A4556 we are tracking to see which insurance companies are actually paying for this.

Hope this helps.

Denise

We dont use this currently, but this reimbursment for Medi-cal is below

VISUAL EVOKED POTENTIAL (
Procedure Level :

CPT4 code Procedure Type :

Medicine
Effective Date :

08/01/2000

End Date :
12/31/2069

Follow Up Days :

Both Min Age :

Max Age :

Medi-Cal Max Allowable Amount :

$34.44
Split Bill professional percentage :
79.0%

This procedure may be subject to a 20% reduction if performed in a hospital outpatient department or surgical clinic. No TAR or medi-reservation required.