Wiki CPT Code 62267 or 10022 - I am looking fo

Chlrtrep

Best answers
I am looking for some advice for as I am not too familiar with this tyoe of procedure.

Indication: Paraspinal soft tissue infection
The risks benefits and alternatives were explained and informed consent was obtained. 1 mg of Versed and 100 mcg of fentanyl were administered intravenously for intravenous conscious sedation. Sedation time 30 minutes. Continuous monitoring by the nurse. 1.1 minute of fluoroscopy were used. The procedure was discussed with Dr. Smith.
Patient was placed in a prone position. Soft tissue overlying L5-S1 region posteriorly was prepped and draped in maximal barrier sterile technique. 2% lidocaine was used as local anesthetic. Under fluoroscopic guidance a 20-gauge needle was inserted into the soft tissue in the paraspinal region in the postoperative site multiple aspirate with saline samples were obtained. Needle was placed within the region of the* space of L5-S1 aspirate samples obtained given the pathology. The patient tolerated the procedure well no immediate complications.
FINDINGS: Fluoroscopic image demonstrates needle within the soft tissue located posteriorly to the level L5-S1 in the region of the inflammatory process as well as the region of space of L5-S1

Fluoroscopic postoperative soft tissue aspiration posterior to the level L5-S1

I would like to code CPT 62267 however or the coding/billing department is suggesting CPT 10022

I would be interested in your opinion.

Thank you ..... C