Wiki Cpt code for adjusting internal fixation

Best answers
Hi, Can someone tell me which would be the appropriate code for revision of internal fixation. The provider states the correct code is hardware removal 20680, but after reading the note, no hardware was removed. The 2 screws were just tighten back to the plate. I could understand if we replaced the screws... I am looking for a second opinion on code selection.

"Attention was directed to prominent area where screw was backing out. Utilizing the inoperative fluoroscopy, two screws that were backing out, were identified and marked on the skin.....Next, stab incisions was created over the capsule and screw head was noted on both sites of stab incisions. Next, using the appropriate screwdriver from the Medline, screw was identified as screw back in to the plate until it was locked on the plate...Inoperative fluropscopy was used to identify that screw was adequately locked into plate...."

I don't feel that 20680 is correct due to nothing was removed but rather screws were just tightened. Any code suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I agree that 20680 does not correctly represent this. I'm not aware of a CPT for this situation so I believe it would be necessary to use an unlisted code from the musculoskeletal section for whichever site is applicable

Hello there, does anyone know the answer?
I have a doctor that did a revision of cervical screws (screws were loose and he locked them in place), I'm looking everywhere and I cant find any code that would match his procedure.
PLEASE HELP!