Wiki CPT code for handing out Molnupiravir for the govt?

chelseaoso

Best answers
Does anyone have a CPT code they are using for dispensing the oral COVID-19 med Molnupiravir? I work for urgent care and we are dispensing this for free for the government. Normally we don't dispense medications, we send patients to a pharmacy so this is new territory for me... Any ideas on what to use are appreciated as well. Thank you!

You cannot charge patients or insurance for a medication that your practice did not pay for. You would bill the E/M visit at the appropriate level of service provided and documented.
To my knowledge, there is no HCPCs yet assigned to molnupiravir/lagevrio. I would suggest using J3490 with the NDC number from package and 0 fee.
If anyone knows of a HCPCs assigned yet, please feel free to chime in and correct me!

Are we allowed to code CPT 99070 and attach the NDC for Molnupiravir. The way I am reading 99070 and the restrictions with the medication is that 99070 is a billable code for the administrative side of handing out any 'X' medication but still following the rule of not charging for the medication itself.

Would this be an accurate use of 99070?