Wiki CPT Code for PCP coordinating mental healthcare

Best answers
I work for a PCP who spent approximately 45 minutes on the phone coordinating care for a patient with a psychologist and psychiatrist and wants to bill for his time. I am having a (very) hard time finding any CPT or HCPCS code that I can use in this situation. (He saw the patient in the office 8 days prior to the care coordination). Does anyone have any experience with situations like this that can give me some direction? Any help would be appreciated!

I work for a PCP who spent approximately 45 minutes on the phone coordinating care for a patient with a psychologist and psychiatrist and wants to bill for his time. I am having a (very) hard time finding any CPT or HCPCS code that I can use in this situation. (He saw the patient in the office 8 days prior to the care coordination). Does anyone have any experience with situations like this that can give me some direction? Any help would be appreciated!
A few thoughts to consider if you haven't already reported the service. 30-74 minutes of prolonged service without direct patient contact is reported with code 99358. Not all plans will pay for this service but the code is intended for just this type of work. Use code 99452 only if the service is a consultation to get advice from the psychologist and psychologist. An interprofessional telephone/Internet/electronic health record consultation is an assessment and management service in which a patient's treating (eg, attending or primary) physician or other qualified health care professional requests the opinion and/or treatment advice of a physician with specific specialty expertise (the consultant) to assist the treating physician or other qualified health care professional in the diagnosis and/or management of the patient's problem without patient face-to-face contact with the consultant.

Best wishes,
Cindy

A few thoughts to consider if you haven't already reported the service. 30-74 minutes of prolonged service without direct patient contact is reported with code 99358. Not all plans will pay for this service but the code is intended for just this type of work. Use code 99452 only if the service is a consultation to get advice from the psychologist and psychologist. An interprofessional telephone/Internet/electronic health record consultation is an assessment and management service in which a patient's treating (eg, attending or primary) physician or other qualified health care professional requests the opinion and/or treatment advice of a physician with specific specialty expertise (the consultant) to assist the treating physician or other qualified health care professional in the diagnosis and/or management of the patient's problem without patient face-to-face contact with the consultant.

Best wishes,
Cindy
Thank you Cynthia :)