Wiki CPT CODE FOR RADIAL SAGITAL BAND RECONSTRUCTION

CCANTER

Networker
Best answers
i am struggling for a cpt code for this procedure I am thinking maybe 26426 but may be way off?

At the left ring finger I made an incision longitudinally over the MCP joint. It
was taken down through the skin. Blunt dissection through the subcutaneous tissue. The
extensor tendon was found to be subluxated ulnarly and the radial sagittal band was
chronically ruptured and there were no significant remnants of it, as there was scar tissue
in that area. I debrided the scar tissue and then I released the juncture tendineae between
the ring and the long finger, where it inserted on the ulnar aspect of the long finger. Then
I used that plus I made a distally based flap at the extensor tendon, taking 1/3 of the
tendon on the radial side. I weaved the tendon through itself and brought it over to the
ulnar side and back to the radial side, where I ran it beneath the radial collateral ligament.
I then brought the tendon back up to weave through itself again and secured the tendon
at the weave sites with Supramid suture. The finger was taken through range of motion.
It was found to deviate slightly to the radial side, so I performed a partial intrinsic release
to help centralize the tendon so it was central on the MCP joint

I think you have the correct code. ** After posting this I was able to find a YouTube video for this procedure. After watching it I was able to follow this op note much better.

Last edited: