Wiki cpt code for slide-swing flap???

trinity07

Best answers
Does anyone know another term for slide-swing flap. I have looked everywhere I can think to look, and cannot find a CPT code for this. This is for a breast reconstruction dictated as follows:
"The slide-swing flap had been marked and was incised and taken down through the skin and subcutaneous tissue to the underlying latissimus dorsi subcutaneous tissue. The excess skin was excised and a section of the dermal fat was taken, de-epithelialized, and turned into two anchovy grafts for placement behind the nipple areolar complexes."

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.:confused:

Slide-Swing Flap

Does anyone know another term for slide-swing flap. I have looked everywhere I can think to look, and cannot find a CPT code for this. This is for a breast reconstruction dictated as follows:
"The slide-swing flap had been marked and was incised and taken down through the skin and subcutaneous tissue to the underlying latissimus dorsi subcutaneous tissue. The excess skin was excised and a section of the dermal fat was taken, de-epithelialized, and turned into two anchovy grafts for placement behind the nipple areolar complexes."

I would appreciate any suggestions or comments.:confused:

Trinitybilling,

Try CPT Code 19361 on page 82 of the 2012 CPT book. In the book it reads: "Breast reconstruction with latissimus dorsi flap, without prosthetic implant" It seems to fit within the context of the reconstruction dictation. Hope that helps.

StudentCPC11: Thank you for your reply! While searching, I talked to the CSA that helped with the procedure and she said they did not go into the latissimus dorsi subcutaneous tissue just down to it, so it is not 19361. I sure wish it was.... I have been on this one procedure for about 3 hours. Again thanks for trying to help me.

Slide-Swing Flap

StudentCPC11: Thank you for your reply! While searching, I talked to the CSA that helped with the procedure and she said they did not go into the latissimus dorsi subcutaneous tissue just down to it, so it is not 19361. I sure wish it was.... I have been on this one procedure for about 3 hours. Again thanks for trying to help me.

Trinitybilling,

Not a problem. :)