Wiki Cpt code issue new A1C codes

Jennikate

Networker
Best answers
Hi everyone,
Have any of you run into an issue with the clearing house rejecting claims with the new A1C codes 3051f 3052f saying these are hospital only codes? I am frustrated because they are rejecting my claims with these codes. I can't use 3045f because it was deleted ,and all my insurance carriers are saying those claims should be going through. Also for the first 2 and a half months those codes were fine no issues. Any suggestions? Thanks for any feedback.
Jennifer Allen CPC-A

They are not going through here either. The entire claim denies if any of the 3045F(deleted) understandably), 3051F and 3052F are on the claim. This seems to be with all insurances. I did call Palmetto Medicare and they told me just because AMA had made these updates did not mean the updates had been made in their system and they did not know a date to give me when this may me fixed.

Sandra T, CPC

I am having an issue with BCBSM not recognizing any of the codes, 3045F, 3051F or 3052F. I have called them 3 times and was told I had to do an appeal, I sent the appeals through and it was denied due to not the appropriate action to take. It sated I had to call!! I am wondering what it will take for them to fix the system. They won't pay for the 83036 without the HCPC code.

I am having an issue with BCBSM not recognizing any of the codes, 3045F, 3051F or 3052F. I have called them 3 times and was told I had to do an appeal, I sent the appeals through and it was denied due to not the appropriate action to take. It sated I had to call!! I am wondering what it will take for them to fix the system. They won't pay for the 83036 without the HCPC code.
Unfortunately I do not have an answer for you. We are also having issues. However, I was wondering if you could tell me what Rev Code you are using for those codes?