Wiki CPT codes 29827 and 64415

Litld

Contributor
Best answers
I cannot bill these 2 codes together anymore. We used to be able to. Optum 360 EncoderPro.com will not allow them together anymore. Does anyone know why? I do not have access to coding books since working from home during pandemic and Encoder is not giving me the reason. Appreciate any help!!

64415 is a post-op pain injection and would normally be bundled into the rotator cuff repair, I believe.
Thank you for the reply. I told my coworker that maybe they are considering it inclusive, but Encoder will usually say it is. This had no explanation at all, and she had always been able to bill both previously.

Thank you for the reply. I told my coworker that maybe they are considering it inclusive, but Encoder will usually say it is. This had no explanation at all, and she had always been able to bill both previously.
You can refer your coworker to review NCCI edit 2021 via Medicare, it has guidelines for report post-op pain. I think when it was injected and a separate report made by anesthesiologist, it is reportable.