Wiki CPT for intercuneiform fx?

Orthocoderpgu

True Blue
Best answers
What CPT is used for this? Doc wants to bill 28615. Neither of us can come up with an code for just the cuneiforms. Middle and Lateral cuneiforms were involved. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What CPT is used for this? Doc wants to bill 28615. Neither of us can come up with an code for just the cuneiforms. Middle and Lateral cuneiforms were involved. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You are saying pt has a fracture of cuneiform...I would code ORIF with 28465...if both were fx'd and both were fixed..I would use this code 2 times

This code has always been challenging to find. The final depends on treatment the patient receives:
28450 Treatment of tarsal bone fracture (except talus and calcaneus); without manipulation, each
28455 Treatment of tarsal bone fracture (except talus and calcaneus); with manipulation, each
28456 Percutaneous skeletal fixation of tarsal bone fracture (except talus and calcaneus), with manipulation, each
28465 Open treatment of tarsal bone fracture (except talus and calcaneus), includes internal fixation, when performed, each

If both a fracture & dislocation were treated, both can be billed. Google Marjie Vaught Lis-Franc fracture. She put out a bulletin for AAOS which states this. Make sure that a dislocation was treated as well as a fracture, and both usually are in this situation.

I realize this is an old post but just in case someone is searching for the code for an intercuneiform DISLOCATION it's 28555 when performed open. Fractures are as per above but since the question posed stated "inter" I thought they may really want a dislocation code. Also, per coding rules, if both a fracture and dislocation of the same anatomic site and if both are treated, bill only treatment of the fracture unless there is a combination code (eg. Monteggia, Galeazzi).