Wiki CPT open procedure debridement of biciptal groove

RebeccaMoney

Expert
Best answers
Does anyone know what the above CPT would be? The primary CPT is 29823 since Dr did extensive debridement of a SLAP tear, partial RTC tear and labral tear. He then decided to debride the bicipital groove using an open procedure. I need help with the OPEN CPT.
Brief description of procedure: ...I then incised the skin with a 15 blade scalpel. I transitioned to Bovie electrocautyer to control bleeding. I dissected down onto the raphe in the deltoid and utlizied dissection with a Metzenbaum scissors . I opened the biciptal groove. The biceps was noted to be absent from the groove distally consistent per MRI finginds. I then throughly debrided the groove with a ronguer, I confirmed that I was within the groove by visualizing from the arthroscope intra-articularly. I then throughly debried the groove also with the shaver.
Can anyone help? Thanks,

Code 11043 is in the integumentary system for the debridement of open wounds. Your provider did not debride an open wound, so you can eliminate the codes from the integumentary system. Your provider made an incision to get to the bone, so the code is going to be from the musculoskeletal system. Just FYI, the L in SLAP stands for Labrum.

Last edited: