Wiki Credentialing/ contracting question

mvokes

Best answers
Hi! I have a question... I have been asked to do some Credentialing side work. I haven't the slightest idea on how much i should charge though. It looks to be about 14 different insurances that i will need to link the single provider to. Anyone have any suggestions as to the fee i should charge? Any ideas are much appreciated!
Thank you,

Credentialing cost

The office I am at just hired a company to do some credentialing work. They are charging the office $1500 to credential one provider with 6 insurance companies. Hope this helps!

Credentialing Fees

Hi! I have a question... I have been asked to do some Credentialing side work. I haven't the slightest idea on how much i should charge though. It looks to be about 14 different insurances that i will need to link the single provider to. Anyone have any suggestions as to the fee i should charge? Any ideas are much appreciated!
Thank you,

Hello,
There are many ways to charge, some companies charge monthly $1500 is pretty typical, Other companies have a per application charge which can range from $100-250 per application. I allow the physician/owner to choose between per application or monthly most larger groups will choose monthly and small practices per application & additional fee for any new provider additions to the group. Also make sure that provider acknowledges all fees associated with any given application are the provider's/practice's responsibility i.e Business Licenses, DEA Registration, State Board of Pharmacy etc.
Hope this helps