Wiki credentialing NP or PA

This would be a question for your payers. Most of the basic insurances have pretty easy navigation for their websites. Once you client on provider or become a provider there is generally credentailing resources. If you are starting fresh with credentialing it would benefit you to call the insurance and get the credentialing contacts name and phone numbers. They will be useful in the future for getting updates on applications and when you have further questions. Also there are online submission resources such as CAQH and PECOS(CMS enrollment) which I think are state wide.

When I credentialed mid level providers (NP, PA, CNM) several years ago I always started with getting them credentialed with Medicare first; once that was approved then it seemed to go a lot quicker for any other payers they needed/wanted to be credentialed with. We also used CAQH to maintain/update/reattest the provider's info.

When I credentialed mid level providers (NP, PA, CNM) several years ago I always started with getting them credentialed with Medicare first; once that was approved then it seemed to go a lot quicker for any other payers they needed/wanted to be credentialed with. We also used CAQH to maintain/update/reattest the provider's info.
Hi Leandra, do you still do credentialing? I have a physician who is in need of Medi-Cal credentialing. Thank you,