Wiki Credentialing Software

Bridgetln

Contributor
Best answers
We are looking for a credentialing software to utilize. What software have you used and what did you like or dislike? I appreciate your recommendations. Thank you

Good morning! Check with your EHR company, many of them help with credentialing new providers. I have not heard of "software" per se, only service providers. There are a lot of them out there. I have not had good experiences and thus have done it on my own, but it is very time consuming. If your provider has PECOS, NPPES, and CAQH enrollment then the credentialing is fairly straight forward. PECOS for Medicare, and CAQH for most other payers. Each commercial carrier has their own application, some with Availity.

Are you thinking of doing it on your own?

Good morning! Check with your EHR company, many of them help with credentialing new providers. I have not heard of "software" per se, only service providers. There are a lot of them out there. I have not had good experiences and thus have done it on my own, but it is very time consuming. If your provider has PECOS, NPPES, and CAQH enrollment then the credentialing is fairly straight forward. PECOS for Medicare, and CAQH for most other payers. Each commercial carrier has their own application, some with Availity.

Are you thinking of doing it on your own?
We actually have a credentialing department that handles all of the credentialing. Our organization is just looking at options for software to help track and manage. Looking for recommendations of software people had experience with whether good or bad.