Wiki critical care facility reporting

maudys

Networker
Best answers
Does the same apply for physician and facility reporting? see below.

Critical care reporting for physician providing critical care
******CPT Assistant, February 2007 Page: 10 Category: Coding Communication
******Related Information

What services are included in reporting critical care when performed during the critical period by the physician(s) providing critical care?

AMA Comment:

The following services are included in reporting critical care and are not reported separately: interpretation of cardiac output measurements (93561, 93562), chest x-rays (71010, 71015, 71020), pulse oximetry (94760, 94761, 94762), blood gases, and information data stored in computers (eg, ECGs, blood pressures, hematologic data [99090]); gastric intubation (43752, 91105); temporary transcutaneous pacing (92953); ventilatory management (94002-94004, 94660, 94662); and vascular access procedures (36000, 36410, 36415, 36540, 36600).

So do you remove the bundled items completely off the bill or would you still report with a $0.00 charge?

so, let me ask...critical care code is reported on facility ? I understood it was only physician side....please set me straight on this....thanks!:eek:

In the ER, critical care is reported both on the pro side and fac side. However, the facility side has to have any one of the following:
Multiple parenteral medications requiring constant monitoring
Provision of any of the following:
Major Trauma care/ multiple surgical consultants
Chest tube insertion
Major burn care
Treatment of active chest pain in ACS
Administration of IV vasoactive meds (see guidelines)
CPR
Defibrillation/ Cardioversion
Pericardiocentesis
Administration of ACLS Drugs in cardiac arrest
Bi-PAP/ CPAP
Endotracheal intubation
Cricothyrotomy
Ventilator management
Arterial line placement
Control of major hemorrhage
Pacemaker insertion through a Central Line
Delivery of baby