Wiki CSF leaf of the mastoid

monkey11

New
Best answers
Can anyone tell me if there is a specific CPT code for repair of a CSF leak of the mastoid. Patient had a previous injury and this leak is just now being found and repaired. There was also a graft done, taken from the back of the patients ear (perichondrial graft).

Thank you

Have you looked at 69670?
Lay description: "Through a postauricular incision, the physician accesses the mastoid cavity of a previous mastoidectomy. Any remaining mastoid disease is removed. To lessen the size of a large mastoid cavity or to stop a cerebrospinal leak, the cavity is obliterated with a roation flap of fascia or muscle and/or free graft and skin. The flap is sutured into place, and the incision is sutured."

I did actually find that code but was unsure if we could use because there was no previous mastoidectomy only the one done prior to the repair of the leak on the same day.

Last edited:
I did actually find that code but was unsure if we could use because there was no previous mastoidectomy only the one done prior to the repair of the leak on the same day. Would you think this code could still be used?