Wiki Cysto with stent removal after passage of stone

ms123

Networker
Best answers
If a patient comes in and has a stent inserted then later they come back in a few weeks later for the stent removal, do I assign the 58 modifier for the stent removal? Thanks.

If a patient comes in and has a stent inserted then later they come back in a few weeks later for the stent removal, do I assign the 58 modifier for the stent removal? Thanks.

As per my knowledge we need to check the global period of pervious service before appending mod-58 with stent removal CPT code, if we billing for a same physician for both the services i.e. insertion of stent and removal of stent.

Thanks for the reply. This is for an ambulatory surgery center. The first visit was 3 weeks earlier with a cystoscopy and stent placement for the calculus. The second visit to the surgical center was for another cystoscopy with removal of the stent. Is the global period within the 90 days, as it is with the cataracts?

the placement of the stent does not have any global days on it so can bill the removal without any modifiers. This is per the CCI edits. Hope this helps.