Wiki Cystoscopy with excision of periurethral/meatal condyloma

KaylaRieken

True Blue
Best answers
Can I get help with a CPT code??

A rigid 22-French cystoscope was lubricated and passed in the bladder after a time-out was performed. Thorough visulization of the bladder and urethra was performed with no condyloma noted. Scope was removed. Periurethral/meatal condyloma was excised sharply and sent to Pathology. The base of the region was cauterized for hemostatis and contorl of the condyloma. This procedure was done on a female.

Pathology came back Condyloma acuminatum with mild dysplasia.

I came across a new report where the urethral condyloma were inside the urethra.

His largest, most troublesome lesions was about 1.5 cm, obscuring most of his urethral meatus. I debulked this by sharply excising this after placing a tourniquet at the base of the penis to reduce bleeding. Once I had excised as much as I could safely, I passed the cystoscope into the urethra for further assessment. He had about 10 small lesions scattered throughout the pendulous urethra. I then used thulium laser fiber to ablate all urethral lesions satisfactorily and completly. I then withdrew the scope as distal as possible, but I really could not use the laser over the last 1.0 to 1.5 cm of the urethra. Thus, I placed a DeBakey in the meatus to gently spread this open. The base of the more bulky lesion that had been removed earlier was fulgurated on low cautery settings to obtain hemostasis and eradicate residual disease.

I am thinking of code 11422 but do i use 52224 or 52000 and 17110?