Wiki date of service for Interps at hospital location

DOS Tech date or Interp date

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hofm04

Best answers
I dont fee that I received an answer. So I am just curious what date do you use?
Test or Interp date

https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Edu...ds/SE17023.pdf

My quest to Medicare:
The memo states most services will be based on the exact date of service with some exceptions. The memo states that radiology is to use the interpretation date when not billing global. Cardiovascular monitoring has specific rules, as stated in this memo. My question is on 90000 series codes, interpretation of cardiology and pulmonary etc. Using the interpretation date may cause errors in billing and/or payment. NCCI, MUEs, overreads, duplicates, would be difficult and/or impossible to catch for billing as well as payment. Modifiers would need to be added to codes that were not actually performed on the same date. Can a test be billed with the technical date as long as it does not fall into one of the specific scenarios listed in the memo or in the CMS manual?

Answer: Thank you for your question regarding date of service for the Professional Component (PC) portion of cardiology and pulmonary services.

Below is a link to CMS’ most recent publication regarding this topic and hope this information addresses your inquiry. Also, please note CMS/CGS have mechanisms in place to avoid duplicated services and improper payments. Should you have claims which you believe were denied in error, we are happy to review those on a case by case basis.

Please let us know if you need further clarification.