• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

decreased ROM of arm, following fracture

Colliemom

Expert
Messages
408
Location
East Haven, CT
Hi,

I don't normally code for fractures, but I was hoping someone here could help. I have a provider submitting code S42.302S, sequela from fracture of the shaft of the left humerus. I know she needs two codes when billing for sequela, and the current problem is that the elderly patient is now experiencing a decreased range of motion in her left arm, as a result of the earlier fracture. How would you code for this?

thanks!
 
I would find out id the decreased ROM is in the shoulder or elbow area and then use the M25.8 code for the other specified joint disorder first listed and then the code for the sequel of the fracture secondary.. per the guidelines, you use the trauma code with the S as the 7th character secondary and the current problem cause by the trauma first listed.. the exception to that is poisoning codes.
 
Top