Wiki Dedicated Certified Coder Looking for Opportunity to begin Initial Job Experience!

C.Teachey

New
Best answers
My name is Christine, I earned my certification 10 months ago, but have been unable to find any employment opportunities without requiring a minimum of 1 year coding experience, more often requiring 3 years! I realize the economy is not what it once was....Still I am certain between completing my coding education @ 95% with ease, my admiration for the profession & the meaning & purpose I feel in extracting the necessary data to assign correct optimal codes.... I am not only certain this is what I was mean to do but I KNOW I WOULD BE AN ASSET to any physician or facility, if only I was given the opportunity/chance! PLEASE IF THERE IS ANYONE WITH ANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE OR EVEN SUGGESTIONS & ADVICE PLEASE CONTACT ME! (215)350-8055 or chriscpc@comcast.net

It seems that I am in the same position you are, but just recently got my AAPC certification back on July 19, 2014. No one seems to want to hire anyone and give them that experience or take a chance. I have been with the same company (Mmodal) prior to taking the course in medical coding as a medical transcriptionist for 17-1/2 years (total of 25 years of actual medical transcriptionist experience in the acute care setting altogether) and have vast medical terminology, A and P experience, etc., and would be what I feel an excellent candidate in medical coding if given the opportunity. I hope I don't have to wait 10 months or longer to find a job in this profession.

Monica Martin, CPC-A
601-383-4812