Wiki Deletion of 22851

I read someplace that they wanted to make the codes more specific by separating with and without interbody arthrodesis as well as vertebral defect versus interspace. It's all still add on codes, just more to pick from :\

I believe these are the descriptions for the new codes, which makes sense if what I've read is true:

Insertion of interbody biomechanical device(s) (eg, synthetic cage, mesh) with integral anterior instrumentation for device anchoring (eg, screws, flanges) when performed to intervertebral disc space in conjunction with interbody arthrodesis, each interspace

Insertion of intervertebral biomechanical device(s) (eg,synthetic cage, mesh) with integral anterior instrumentation for device anchoring (eg, screws, flanges) when performed to vertebral corpectomy(ies) (vertebral body resection, partial or complete) defect, in conjunction with interbody arthrodesis, each contiguous defect

Insertion of intervertebral biomechanical device(s) (eg, synthetic cage, mesh, methylmethacrylate) to intervertebral disc space or vertebral body defect without interbody arthrodesis, each contiguous defect