Dementia and Parkinson disease - ICD-10 Code for Parkinsons disease

Best answers
My patient has "dementia" and "Parkinson disease" with no cause-and-effect relationship implicitly stated by MD.

In coding these, my Encoder takes me to an option on Parkinson disease of:
1) With dementia
2) Parkinson disease alone

Because the guidelines state that "with" actually means "due to" or "associated with" and the MD did not specifically state the dementia was "due to" or "associated with" the Parkinson disease, do these still need coded together (331.82 dementia with Lewy bodies and 294.10 dementia in conditions classified elsewhere without behavioral disturbance (manifestation)...without an MD clarification, should these be coded as separate entities (332.0 Parkinson disease and 294.20 dementia unspecified without behavioral disturbance).

Thank you.

Last edited:
My patient has "dementia" and "Parkinson disease" with no cause-and-effect relationship implicitly stated by MD.

In coding these, my Encoder takes me to an option on Parkinson disease of:
1) With dementia
2) Parkinson disease alone

Because the guidelines state that "with" actually means "due to" or "associated with" and the MD did not specifically state the dementia was "due to" or "associated with" the Parkinson disease, do these still need coded together (331.82 dementia with Lewy bodies and 294.10 dementia in conditions classified elsewhere without behavioral disturbance (manifestation)...without an MD clarification, should these be coded as separate entities (332.0 Parkinson disease and 294.20 dementia unspecified without behavioral disturbance).

Thank you.
the index takes you to 332.0 with the 294.10.. it says dementia IN conditions classifiable elsewhere not due to.