Wiki Dermabond

chrisaw

New
Best answers
Hello!

One of our physicians saw a patient for the removal of sutures that were placed at the ER. After removing the sutures, there was bleeding so she applied Dermabond. Would you say that it is included in the E/M code? Or would you bill a simple repair code?

Thanks!

Hello!

One of our physicians saw a patient for the removal of sutures that were placed at the ER. After removing the sutures, there was bleeding so she applied Dermabond. Would you say that it is included in the E/M code? Or would you bill a simple repair code?

Thanks!

I would say it's included in the E/M charge. I think you'd have an uphill battle if you billed a repair code along with a suture removal visit. It might bring up the question as to whether the sutures were removed in a way that caused the bleeding and so on... :confused:

I would say it's included in the E/M charge. I think you'd have an uphill battle if you billed a repair code along with a suture removal visit. It might bring up the question as to whether the sutures were removed in a way that caused the bleeding and so on... :confused:

Yes, that's what I was thinking too. Thanks!