Wiki dermatology questions

Best answers
Hi All! I have questions about coding for dermatology. I have started coding for dermatology just recently & some of it I can figure out, and some of it, not so much. Is there a place on here that i can go & do some research on my questions? For instance, ins pd on destruction code 17000 & 17003, but not off visit w/ mod 25. Dx codes are correct. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All! I have questions about coding for dermatology. I have started coding for dermatology just recently & some of it I can figure out, and some of it, not so much. Is there a place on here that i can go & do some research on my questions? For instance, ins pd on destruction code 17000 & 17003, but not off visit w/ mod 25. Dx codes are correct. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Hello - depending on the payer, some are denying claims with E&M (25 modifier) billed with minor procedures. I would call the payer that is denying that on your claim to find out if this is their policy and if you can appeal. If documentation supports the need for the E&M with procedure and payer will accept an appeal with notes that might be the only way to get those claims paid.