Wiki Dermatopathology

I have a couple of questions actually.
1 - how do you code a negative DIF result?
2 - I have been told I have to bill POS as the place where the specimen/biopsy was taken. I bill office as POS when we take a specimen in our clinic. But, we also get specimens from other dermatologists and we prepare, read, and render a report. Should the POS for the specimens we receive from other physicians be billed as office or IDL. We have our own personnel who prepare the slides and we rent lab space from a hospital.

Hi jperkins,
1) A negative DIF result would be assigned with the "reason why the specimen was provided to the pathology department for review"
I normally see a two part scenario for these accessions and lab requisition states - Specimen A1 provided to evaluate a rash and Specimen A2 for IF studies
2) I understand the POS 11 office for inhouse along with inpatient (21), outpatient (22) and ED (23); It has been unfortunately a while reviewing reference specimens. Hmm, I would need to refresh my logic before stating for sure. I want to believe POS 11 is appropriate but I have that feeling I need to look before I put my foot in my mouth. I simply hate the taste of shoe.
Thank you for listening and have a wonderful evening,
Dana