Wiki dermoid cyst

KELLI

Networker
Best answers
I have a 4 yr old with a right postauricular area dermoid tumor that came in for supratentorial resection of a dermoid tumor for underlying cranium, reconstruction of area, and contouring of the underlyng cranial bone

I came up with 216.2 cpt 69150
The provider put CPT code 21181 13152 61304

Not sure which is right??
Thanks

Yes the info is inadequate. the op notes is very important.
the supra tentorial dermoid cyst / or any dermoid cyst does not have an accurate code.
Dermoid can occcur in ovary, skin , spinal cord and the brain, the brain Dermoid are the rarest amongst them all.
Though the approach was posterior auricular, from the notes you furnished it seems to be a Supratentorial Dermoid cyst of the brain usually occuring at the frontal base or temporal base/posterior cranial fossa
so I would use the "Benign Neoplasm of the Brain and the other parts of the nervous system - 225.0 Brain , benign neoplasm.
you can still give the symptoms like varient headache syndrome: 346.2. Headache: 784.0 or siezure if it was there, as sec diagnosis, which were the reason for the encounter.
I doubt your diagnosis Code 216.x seems to be off the track, because the basic structural pathology of Dermoid , is not found in any one of those listed in 216.2.