• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

Destruction of common warts 17000 or 17110

rthames052006

True Blue
Local Chapter Officer
Messages
1,903
Location
York, Pa
Hello all:

I just want to get some clarification ( if I can) I have an encounter that was billed and coded by a provider based off the code selections on the encounter form.

When I read the note I see 17110 not 17000 because a common wart is not premalignant from the information I've looked up. I"m thinking it was marked that way because it was the only choice on the encounter form.

Any thoughts?
 
Thank you for the input. I couldn't find anything anywhere that stated a common wart was premalignant, although I did see that it is derived from HPV in most cases.

Thanks,

;)
 
Top